Identification tools and software development
Identic specialises in developing, distributing and supporting software for application in research, education and training.
Our focus is on developing and supporting identification and diagnostic software, online databases, bespoke web and mobile applications.
Please browse our range of software, services and past projects below, or read more about our history and experience.
The Lucid platform is used by taxonomists, ecologists, agricultural scientists and many other professionals to easily construct visual identification and diagnostic tools and deploy them online or as mobile apps for use by other professionals, farmers, environmental managers, students and the public at large.
Fact Sheet Fusion (FSF) is a tool to facilitate the rapid generation of standardized fact sheets in a variety of output formats - including HTML, PDF or XML. FSF makes it possible for users with no knowledge of HTML or XML to generate high quality fact sheets with customisable structure and formatting.
The Scenario Based Learning Interactive (SBLi) suite of educational software provides the tools necessary for teachers, trainers and lecturers to develop online scenarios that can be presented to their students as a component of a problem based learning approach.
Read more – further information about SBLi and links to a number of freely available scenarios, covering a range of disciplines from medicine to agriculture, law and environmental science.
Over the years Identic has designed and developed many bespoke software solutions , some of these include:
- Award winning University budgeting, course planning, travel forms and workflow.
- Genetic analysis and reporting solutions for Neogen Australasia (formerly Animal Genetics Laboratory).
- Management systems, such as university course selection tools to match students with courses based on their ability, and cross university enrolments for specialised courses not offered at a student’s own university.
- Occupation health and safety (OH&S) training, asset inventory and management, and resource tracking.
Our focus is delivering cost-competitive software solutions, and we have expertise developing world-class software using the latest technologies. Our team can provide development services in the following areas:
- Building electronic commerce web sites and their back-end infrastructures
- Maintaining the software infrastructure for commercial web sites
- Integrating legacy software systems with web and Internet technologies
Our products incorporate all phases of well-designed, manageable software solutions; including product planning and design, development, release management, quality assurance testing, deployment, training and support.
Sales & Support
We provide both online and physical support for our products including after sales support, maintenance, regular training workshops and seminars.
We are able to provide consultation services leveraging our decades of combined experience in software and systems development.